Watch Biomedical Engineering "Prelim Love Song" (video of previous video) Video

[postlink]http://urvideosongs.blogspot.com/2010/06/watch-biomedical-engineering-love-song.html[/postlink] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0RmH4nWv4wendofvid [starttext]
The song, "Prelim Love Song", has an actual name of "The test is preliminary, but my love for you is permanent." [The video is a recording of a video I made on jumpcut before the site died without letting me save a copy]. It is a song to my wife inspired by the preliminary examination required for attaining a PhD degree in the Biomedical Engineering Graduate Group at UC Davis. It is four tests in one day over the four core courses which most students have taken over the course of 1 and 1/2 years. The verses are separated by course: 1: 202, Biology 2: 281, Signals 3: 204, Physiology 4: 284, Math I started writing it one day last February (2006) while taking 202, as I thought about analogies between the Golden Gate Bridge and cellular biology (engineers do stuff like that). I slowly added verses as I took the rest of the core courses (the last being 284 last fall). I finished writing the song on our long drive home to Texas; the computer microphone invention helped me spread the glorious knowledge to other prelim-takers. Just to let you know, unless you are a biomedical engineer at UC Davis, you probably won't understand most of this song. Here's some of the wifey's comments after hearing the song, for example: "I probably would have cried if I knew what any of it meant." ...and... "Next time you make me a love song, make it so I can understand." See more songs/creations at: www.myspace.com
Views:1
0ratings
Time:07:55More inComedy

[endtext]

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails