Watch A Song For a Son - Smashing Pumpkins Bass Audition Video

[postlink]http://urvideosongs.blogspot.com/2010/04/watch-song-for-son-smashing-pumpkins.html[/postlink] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL6MQTrf-YUendofvid [starttext]
I love this song. I thought this was the most complicated bass line of all the Smashing Pumpkins songs. I figured if I could learn to play this one, then I could learn any other Pumpkins song. Is there another one more challenging? Let me know. :) I learned this one by ear. I listened to it on four different sets of speakers. They all have different frequency responses, so not all the notes come out properly on each set of speakers. Some might emphasize a low E, whereas on other speakers you wouldn't even hear that particular note. I thought I had the song nailed, then I listened to it in my car - and found some additional notes to play! Also, with the many layers of instruments in the mix, it's sometimes a challenge to pick out what is what. It took some time, but I had a blast learning this song. I believe this is pretty accurate. This song is epic, and it feels great to be a part of it playing bass. Thanks Billy for your creative prolificacy. And the chance to join you up on stage. :)
Views:0
0ratings
Time:05:59More inMusic

[endtext]

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails